Before you install and start using or customizing your application, you must set up your environment for Angular development using the Angular CLI tool. This topic includes information about minimum system requirements and configuring the environment variables.
Command prompt must run as administrator for all command line operations.
- Node JS v10.16.2 or higher: Install Node JS from the official Node website. For windows, download Windows installer .msi 64-bit.
- Angular CLI v12.2.1 or higher:
- To check if already installed, use command: ng -v
- If not installed, use command: npm install -g @angular/cli
- Windows Build Tools. Install python gyp using command: npm install --global --production windows-build-tools
- Visual Studio Code
- JDK / JRE 8 or Higher
- Apache AntTM (v1.10.3 or higher) - Install apache-ant-1.10.3-bin.zip or higher
When NodeJs, JDK/JRE, and ANT are installed, it is necessary that they are accessible globally using the command prompt. Sometimes the environment variables are not configured and you may see errors stating 'node'/'java'/'ant' is not recognized as an internal or external command. You must configure the environment variables on your local system.
To configure environment variables
- Go to This PC > System Properties > Advanced System Settings.
- Click Environment Variables.
- Add the necessary paths into the User Variable.