After cloning a template, the first task is to run the npm install command. The npm install command installs all the dependencies under the package.json folder. One of the dependencies under the package.json folder is the apttus/ecommerce library that bundles all the components library and the data access layers. The npm install process sets up the Digital Commerce SDK with your Salesforce instance.
Pre-requisite: You must ensure that the following tasks are completed before you run the npm install command:
- Install required packages on your Salesforce org
- Set up a community, if not already done
- Create a custom field on Accounts for Price List
- Create a Store object and a store record within it
- Ensure you have angular-CLI installed on your local machine in order to use the templates
To install the cloned template
- Open the code of the template.
Type npm install and press Enter on your keyboard.
Your reference template along with all dependencies is now installed on your Salesforce org.