Multiple packages must be installed to implement the complete Deal Maximizer solution. Packages for Deal Maximizer must be installed in the order indicated in this section, with integration to CPQ, Advanced Approvals, and Contract Management. You begin with the Apttus base packages and then install the integration packages that enable various products to function together.
Apttus recommends downloading and upgrading Apttus packages in a Salesforce sandbox before installing them in your production environment. For information on installing and upgrading in a sandbox, please contact Apttus Support before you install any packages.
You must install the packages in the following order before you install Deal Maximizer packages:
- Apttus Base Library
- Apttus Contract Management
- Apttus Proposal Management
- Apttus Approvals Management
- Apttus Configuration & Pricing
- Apttus Quote/Proposal-Configuration Integration
- Apttus Quote/Proposal-Asset Integration
- Apttus CPQ API
- Apttus Quote/Proposal Approvals Management
- Apttus Contract-Configuration Integration
- Apttus Quote/Proposal-Contract Integration
For more information on the package versions, refer to the latest CPQ on Salesforce Release Notes.
Install the following Deal Maximizer packages after you install the above-mentioned packages:
- Apttus Deal Maximizer Setup
- Apttus Deal Maximizer
- Apttus Deal Approvals Management
- Apttus CPQ Approvals Management
- Apttus CPQ Maximizer
You must have Apttus-provided login credentials to the Apttus Community Portal to be able to download packages.
To install the CPQ module packages
- Go to the Install Center tab on the Apttus Community Portal.
- In My Packages navigation link, click Deal Maximizer. From the VERSION drop-down, select the version that you want to install.
- Click Install Now and select Production or Sandbox.
- Click the Log in to the AppExchange button. Log in with your Salesforce credentials.
- Click the button for environment (production or sandbox) where you want to install the package.
- Click the I have read and agree to the terms and conditions checkbox and click the Confirm and Install! button. You may have to log in to Salesforce again with your credentials.
- On the Upgrade page, type the Apttus provided password.
- Verify the Package Installation Details and click Upgrade.
- Review the package API access and click Next.
- Select the security level.
If you know the required settings, select Select Security Settings. Otherwise, we recommend you select Grant Access to All Users and refine the security settings later.
- Click Next.
- Click Install.
A message is displayed indicating the installation is underway. Once installed, repeat this procedure for each of the packages.