In order to send a document for eSignature, you first need to have a document attached to the record. When you send the documents for eSignature, you can add the document to be sent for eSignature manually or auto attach it with agreement. You can manually attach a document using the Salesforce attachment process, or you can use Apttus Document Generation.
You can add an attachment in one of the following ways.
- Manually attach one or more documents
You can manually attach the document using Salesforce attachment process.
- Attach a document using Apttus Document Generation
You can use templates to generate a document using Salesforce field values. You can use this feature only if your system admin has configured Add Attachments Enabled.
To attach a document manually
- Select the agreement that you want to attach the document.
- Under the Notes & Attachments related list, click Attach File.
Click Choose File and select the agreement that you want to upload.
Ensure that you do not upload a file of size over 12 MB. You can attach a file larger than 12 MB, but because of Salesforce's governor limits it will not be included in the envelope being sent for eSignature.
- Click Attach File.
- Click Done.
To select the documents to be sent for signature
- Once you click eSignature, you will be redirected to Add Attachments page.
- The files in your Notes & Attachments related list are displayed on this page.
- Select the check box for the file name that you want to send for signature.
- Click Add Recipients to add recipients other than default recipients.
Click Finalize in DocuSign finish the envelope inside of DocuSign.
Click Send for Signature to directly send the document for signature.
If DocuSign Batch Processing Disabled is set to true, the maximum size of the attachment should not exceed beyond 6 MB per attachment. To add attachment greater than 6 MB, set the DocuSign Batch Processing Disabled to false.