Agreement Templates provide an efficient way of setting up the default values and settings for your agreements. Agreement Templates include predefining agreement fields like Agreement Name, Message, Signature Type, Language, various Agreement Options, various Agreement Security options, and Mapping Options. You can preset the recipient details, file attachments, expiration date, days until expiration, reminders as well.
To create an agreement template
From the App Launcher, find and open the Conga CLM app. You can perform the same action in Conga CPQ app as well.
- Click the Agreement Templates tab from the navigation bar.
- Click New.
- Enter the Template Name and click Save.
Provide requisite information for the fields pertaining to the Template Details tab. The Template Details has the core details that relate the agreements created by the template with the referencing Salesforce object.
Field Name Description Agreement Name
Enter a name for the agreement or accept the default name. All agreements are initially created with this name.
Salesforce Object Select the Salesforce Master Object to be referenced for this agreement template (e.g. Account, Opportunity, Agreement). Mapped Data
Click Map data into agreement fields to define the mapping of fields. Select one of the following Mapping Method:
- Select from Object - Select this option to map a field of selected Salesforce object to an agreement field.
- Input Specific Value - Select this option to map a specific field to an agreement field.
Enable this option if you want to automatically send an agreement after you click the Send for Signature button. The preview of the agreement is not displayed.
For Auto Send to work, you must have at least one recipient and attachment defined in the agreement template.
Advanced Options Agreement Type
Select an agreement type.
Language Select the language of the recipients. Select the signature type for this agreement
Select the default value for the signature type to be collected:
E-Signature - Electronic signatures will be collected by default.
Written Signature - Recipients will be instructed to download the document, physically sign it, scan the signed document, and upload that document to Adobe Sign.
- Attach the documents that the recipient should sign in the Attachment tab. If no documents are attached to the template, you need to select the document when configuring the agreement.
Enter the following information, as required.
Field Name Description Upload to add a document
Add a file via drag-and-drop from the desktop or upload a file through a menu driven wizard.
Select to add documents
You can search for a document by specific libraries using the Search bar under the radio button options:
- Salesforce CRM & Files - Your personal library. Any documents you upload from your system are stored in this library for future use.
- Salesforce Documents - The Salesforce library that is shared amongst users.
- Adobe Sign Library - The library content stored in the Adobe Sign system.
Advanced Options Add a document from object or runtime variable
Select a document or object from a Salesforce object or runtime variable.
Some salesforce master objects offer additional options for the source of the document (e.g., If the Salesforce Object defined on the Template Details tab is Opportunity, you will have an additional source option of Add from Opportunity Quote).
There are three options:
- Add from Salesforce Object
- Source Type - Choose the object type for the document between File or Attachment.
- Document Selection - Select the document to attach based on one of these criteria:
- Latest Document
- Oldest Document
- All Documents
- Document Selection Determined By - Select how the file selection is determined for latest or oldest files.
- Add from Opportunity Quote - Define the following fields, as required.
- Quote Type - Select which quote object to use for document selection.
- Quote Type Determined By - Select how the quote selection is determined for latest or oldest files.
- Quote Document Type - Select which quote document to add from:
- Latest Document
- Oldest Document
- All Documents
Runtime Variable - Dynamically add an attachment from an object.
Add a runtime variable name - Specify the variable and ID type from your Salesforce object.
Add Form Field Template
Import a field template from the Adobe Sign library.
Configure the recipients in the Recipients tab.
Field Name Description Signing Workflow
Select one of the following option:
All Recipients Sign - All of the recipients defined in the template will be required to participate in the process, according to the roles applied to them. This is the setting for all agreements that aren't expected to be signed by the sender only.
- Only Sender Signs - Enable this option to add the "Only | Sign" functionality to the template.
Recipients can be added by:
- Salesforce Object
- Runtime Variable
Message Enter the message that you want to deliver to the recipients. The Message section imports the Agreement Name from the Template Details tab. Advanced Options
Enable Hosted Signature (in-person signature)
Enable to facilitate hosted, in-person signing if the signer is available.
Enable Preview and Position Fields
Enable this option to allow you to preview the agreement and to drag-and-drop form fields on to it before sending it out for signature.
Send on Behalf of
Enter the user on behalf of whom you want to send the agreement if it is sent automatically; else the agreement will be sent on behalf of the current user.
Advanced Verification Methods You can configure the verification methods for recipients if you are controlling signer verification based on Internal / External recipient status.
- Configure the merge mapping or data mapping in the Data Mapping tab.
- Merge Mapping - Select a data mapping to merge Salesforce fields into an agreement before sending it.
- Data Mapping - Select a data mapping to be used to map inputs from a signed agreement back into Salesforce.
Configure any additional Rules to automate common agreement tasks.
Field Name Description Automatic Reminders
Select an option for automatic reminders. The options are Never, Every Day, Until Signed; or Every Week, Until Signed.
Days Until Expiration
Enter the number of days until the signature request expires.
Post Sign Redirect URL
Enter a URL to automatically redirect the signers of an agreement to a specified URL after they sign.
Post Sign Redirect Delay
If the Enable Post Sign Options setting is enabled and a Post Sign Redirect URL is specified, enter the number of seconds that should elapse before executing the redirect.
Password protect the signed document
Enable this option to encrypt the signed PDF that is sent to signers.
Set as default template for all agreements
Enable this option if you want to set this as the Default agreement template for your new agreements.
Enabled as a Chatter Publisher Actions
If you have enabled Chatter Publisher Actions on your Org, then you can check this box to enable this Agreement Template. The Chatter Publisher Action allows you to send agreements from Chatter.