Follow these steps to create and use custom objects as both Process Objects & Steps. Alternatively, use the Custom Object Wizard in Conga Orchestrate Setup to streamline setting up a Custom Object as a Process Object and Step.
If the custom process object is from a managed package and therefore has a namespace, add the namespace to the Allowed Namespaces field on the Conga Orchestrate Setup page.
- Create a Custom Object using the Salesforce help article, or skip this step if your organization already created a custom object.
- Ensure these properties are set on the custom object:
- Allow Reports.
- Allow Activities.
- Track Field History.
- Add Notes & Attachments
- Allow Search
- Create the required fields necessary for Conga Orchestrate to use the custom object as a Process Object and a Step.
- (Optional) Create a Master Page Layout to make creating new page layouts easier in the future.
- Create a clone of the Master Page Layout for specific processes.
- Create record types using the Salesforce help article, and associate with Page Layouts for the specific processes.
- Create an Apex Trigger for the custom object.
- Create an Apex Test Class for the custom object.
- Navigate to Conga Orchestrate Setup to set the values that should count as Closed Status Values in the Status field defined in Step 2 above.
- Create Process Definitions using your custom object.
- If you need the ability to assign the steps to a Queue:
- Add your custom step object to the list of supported objects in the Queue Setup Edit screen.
- Create a Workflow Rule to notify queue members when a step is created and assigned to the queue.