As part of a process, an Event Placeholder waits for an Event with a matching Sub-Type to be created before child step(s) can begin. This step holds the place for the Event to occur in a process. Any child step from an Event Placeholder step can reference the Event date in its due date and due date adjustment.
For example, the screenshot below shows two steps that use Event Placeholder functionality. The Prepare for Onboarding Meeting task will be due five days prior to the meeting and the Send Meeting Followup task will be due the day after the meeting. These two tasks will be initiated when an event related to the process object record is created with the Onboarding Meeting subtype.
You can also have an entire process initiate when events are created. See Event Initiators for more information.
ImportantYou must check the Enable Event Placeholder Step checkbox field in the Setup Information section of the Conga Orchestrate Setup. This setting creates the sub_type__c field.
To create an Event Placeholder step:
- Navigate to the Definition where you desire to place this step.
- In the Steps section of the screen, click the New Event Placeholder button.
- Complete the fields:
- Step Name - Enter the name for this step.
- Step Type - Select Event Placeholder.
- Event SubType(s) - Select the Event Sub Type to associate with this Step. See Creating Event Sub Types to configure the subtypes needed for your Event Placeholders.
- Click Save.