Conga Sign is an eSignature application made specifically for Salesforce customers. Users can initiate an eSignature process from any object in Salesforce using pre-defined templates or by adding signature tags in real-time. Then they select up to 10 recipients, set the signing order, and deliver the document to be signed. All signing activity is tracked and updated in Salesforce, the result being a legally valid electronic signature.
To use Conga Sign, administrators must have a Salesforce license to configure Conga Sign and send documents for eSignature. However, recipients do not need a Salesforce license to sign documents sent through Sign. Conga Sign supports Word and PDF file types and allows users to store files in Salesforce. There is also a streamlined integration with Conga Composer, allowing Composer customers to leverage all of the features of Conga Composer with their Conga Sign eSignature processes.
A typical signing process with Conga Sign:
- Click on the record you're working on.
- Select or upload a document to sign.
- Select recipients and signing order.
- Add tags to the document (if the template does not already have signature tags).
- Send for Signature or facilitate in-person signing on your device.
- Recipient(s) sign.
- Final document is rendered and uploaded back into Salesforce and emailed to all parties.
Conga Sign allows you to perform the following tasks:
Install and Upgrade Conga Sign from the Salesforce AppExchange.
- Set up and configure Conga Sign on Salesforce objects with Conga Sign Setup.
- Use the Automatic Configuration in Conga Sign Setup to create the Send with Conga Sign button on specific objects.
- Customize your Business Unit and Conga Sign emails.
- Configure basic tags and write back tags.
- Use and integrate Conga Sign with Conga Composer, Conga Contracts for Salesforce, CLM, CPQ, Conga Contracts, and Conga Collaborate.
- Manually create custom Conga Sign buttons or links on specific objects in Salesforce Setup.
- Send Word and PDF files documents for eSignature from Salesforce through email.
- Pre-tag documents with signature tags, or drag and drop signature tags in the Conga Sign user interface.
- Create a Conga Sign Transaction when sending a document for eSignature.
- View the Audit Trail to see the history of a Conga Sign Transaction.
- Use SMS Authentication to require signers to enter a one-time passcode delivered through SMS, prior to viewing a Conga Sign document.
The following table lists the tasks that administrators and users can perform using Conga Sign.
It is important to understand how terms are used when working with Conga Sign.
|The means by which signers are informed that they have an electronic document to sign. The email notification includes a link that takes the signer directly to the document.|
|Sender||Users who can create, send and manage Conga Sign documents.|
|Recipient||A Recipient is someone who receives a Conga Sign document. They can be designated as a Signer, In Person signer, or CCd individual.|
|Signer||A Conga Sign document recipient is required to take action on the document.|
Reminders and Expiration
Enables the sender to set the default validity and frequency of an eSignature request.
Locations in a document where the signer needs to take action and provide information.
|In Person Signer|
The In Person Signer is the recipient who signs a Conga Sign document in person.
The facilitator is the Salesforce user that creates the In Person Signing Transaction and is responsible for conducting the in person signing.
|Transaction||A record created in Salesforce which tracks statuses, recipients, and documents being signed.|
For more information about terms used with Conga products, see Conga Product Glossary.