Conga Sign is an eSignature application made specifically for Salesforce customers. Users can initiate an eSignature process from any object in Salesforce using pre-defined templates or by adding signature tags in real-time. Then they select up to 10 recipients, set the signing order, and deliver the document to be signed. All signing activity is tracked and updated in Salesforce, the result being a legally valid electronic signature.
To use Conga Sign, administrators must have a Salesforce license to configure Conga Sign and send documents for eSignature. However, recipients do not need a Salesforce license to sign documents sent through Sign. Conga Sign supports Word and PDF file types and allows users to store files in Salesforce. There is also a streamlined integration with Conga Composer, allowing Composer customers to leverage all of the features of Conga Composer with their Conga Sign eSignature processes.
A typical signing process with Conga Sign:
- Click on the record you're working on.
- Select or upload a document to sign.
- Select recipients and signing order.
- Add tags to the document (if the template does not already have signature tags).
- Send for Signature or facilitate in-person signing on your device.
- Recipient(s) sign.
- Final document is rendered and uploaded back into Salesforce and emailed to all parties.
Conga Sign allows you to perform the following tasks:
Install and Upgrade Conga Sign from the Salesforce AppExchange.
- Set up and configure Conga Sign on Salesforce objects with Conga Sign Setup.
- Use the Automatic Configuration in Conga Sign Setup to create the Send with Conga Sign button on specific objects.
- Customize your Business Unit and Conga Sign emails.
- Configure basic tags and writeback tags.
- Use and integrate Conga Sign with Conga Composer, Conga Contracts for Salesforce, CLM, CPQ, Conga Contracts, and Conga Collaborate.
- Manually create custom Conga Sign buttons or links on specific objects in Salesforce Setup.
- Send Word and PDF files documents for eSignature from Salesforce through email.
- Pre-tag documents with signature tags, or drag and drop signature tags in the Conga Sign user interface.
- Create a Conga Sign Transaction when sending a document for eSignature.
- View the Audit Trail to see the history of a Conga Sign Transaction.
- Use SMS Authentication to require signers to enter a one-time passcode delivered through SMS, prior to viewing a Conga Sign document.
It is important to understand how terms are used when working with Conga Sign.
|The means by which signers are informed that they have an electronic document to sign. The email notification includes a link that takes the signer directly to the document.|
|Sender||Users who can create, send and manage Conga Sign document.|
|Signer||A Conga Sign document recipient who is required to take action on the document.|
Reminders and Expiration
Enables the sender to set the default validity and frequency of an eSignature request.
Locations in a document where the signer needs to take action and provide information.
|In Person Signer|
The In Person Signer is the recipient who signs a Conga Sign document in person.
The facilitator is the Salesforce user that creates the In Person Signing Transaction and is responsible for conducting the In person signing.