You can enable TurboConfig for selective CPQ flows. You can use this functionality to avoid making TurboConfig as the default configuration engine and use the engine to process large and complex configuration rules. To enable TurboConfig for a specific flow, you must create a dedicated data set of Config System Properties.
To enable TurboConfig for specific flows
- Create a custom flow. Refer to "Configuring Flow Settings" in CPQ on Salesforce Administrator Guide.
- Create a formula action at the Quote/Proposal object for the flow you created in Step 1. Refer to "Creating Custom Buttons for Different Flows" in CPQ on Salesforce Administrator Guide.
- Go to Setup > App Setup > Develop > Custom Settings.
- Click Config System Properties. Click Manage.
- Click New to create a new data set.
- In the Name field, enter the name of the custom flow you created in Step 1.
Define Constraint Rule Execution Mode and CMS End Point URL as described in Step 4 in the topic Configuring TurboConfig Settings.
The Sales rep must use the custom flow that you created to configure the quote using TurboConfig.