Fields represent the contractual terms and metadata from your agreement record in Conga CLM. They are also called "merge fields". You must open a template to insert fields.
To insert fields in a template
- Open a template in X-Author for Contracts.
- In the Work tab, click Fields.
- Put the cursor in the template text where you want to insert a field and click Insert Field. This opens the Insert Field dialog box.
To select multiple fields,
- On Windows, hold the Ctrl key and select the fields.
- On Mac, hold the Command key and select the fields.
Select the required fields and click Insert.
Select an Object (For example, "Agreement") from the left column. The fields related to the selected object are generated in the right column. To search for a particular field, enter a keyword and click the Search icon () or press enter.
The fields are inserted in the template. The Fields page shows the list of all the fields present in your current template. Select a field from the list to highlight it in the template document.
When you insert a Rich Text Field, by default, the field's property value is set to Image. Currently, the Image property type is not supported. So, it is advised that you select HTML as the Rich text Field property.