This topic contains instructions for Conga CLM (Contracts for Salesforce) users. If you are a Conga CLM user and you are looking for information regarding inserting fields in a template, see Inserting Fields in a Template.
Fields represent the contractual terms and metadata from your Agreement record in Conga CLM. They are also called "merge fields. You can navigate to the Work tab to insert fields in a template.
To insert fields in a template
- Open a template in X-Author for Contracts for Conga CLM (Contracts for Salesforce).
- In the Templates pane, go to Work and click Fields.
- Place the cursor in the section of the template text where you want to insert a field and click Insert Field. This opens a Insert Field dialog box.
- Select an Object (i.e., "Agreement") from the left column. To search a field related to the selected object in the right column, enter a keyword and click the Search icon ( ) or press enter.
Select the required field and click Insert.
To select multiple fields,
- On Windows, hold Ctrl (keyboard key) and select the fields.
- On Mac, hold the command (keyboard key) and select the fields.
The fields are inserted in the template. The Fields tab shows the list of all the fields present in your current template. Select a field from the list to highlight it in the template document.
Rich Text fields are not supported.