This topic contains instructions for Conga CLM (Contracts for Salesforce) users. If you are a Conga CLM user and you are looking for information regarding making fields read-only in a template, see Making Fields Read-Only in a Template.
You can make fields in your templates, read-only. When you enable the read-only attribute for a field in a template, that field becomes uneditable in the generated document. You can mark a field as read-only to restrict a user from editing the field after a document is generated.
To mark a field read-only
- Insert the field into your template by following the steps in Inserting Fields into a Template.
- In the Templates pane, go to Work and click Fields. If you cannot see the Fields tab, click the Expand icon ( and select Fields.
- The Fields page shows the list of all the fields present in your template. Use the Search Field box to search for a field by keyword.
- Click the Settings icon ( ) next to the field name. It opens the field settings pane where you can also find the field type (datatype) of a particular field.
- Click the toggle for the Read-Only Field option to enable it.
- Click Save.
To remove the read-only property of a field, you can slide the Read-Only Field option toggle to the off position (greyed out).