The following features are new in this release.
Send for Review
A significant part of the negotiation process for any agreement involves including reviewers–internal or external–in the collaboration process. This typically requires the main agreement document and any supporting documents to be sent by the contract negotiator to reviewers for term changes, additional redlining, clarification of language, or other legal or contractual input. Apttus Contract Management provides a standard Send for Review process from Agreement records in Salesforce, but this may not always be the most ideal solution for contract negotiators. Just as you can use X-Author to check out, redline, manage legal language and terms, check-in, and finalize agreement documents, you can also manage the entire Send for Review process using X-Author and Microsoft Office applications.
Sending for Review from X-Author provides several advantages:
- Send and receive agreement documents using Microsoft Outlook. This saves you time and effort by eliminating the need to Send for Review from Apttus Contract Management.
- Track and manage review cycles of negotiated documents along with their recipients.
- Use review cycles of agreement documents to monitor negotiations at the summary and detail level.
- Complete the end-to-end negotiation process without leaving Microsoft Office.
X-Author Contracts Outlook Add-in
The new X-Author Contracts Outlook add-in makes it easy to complete the entire agreement document review process of contract negotiations without leaving Microsoft Word or Outlook. No need to initiate any reviews through Salesforce–all you need is X-Author.
From Microsoft Outlook you can:
- Choose To and Cc/ BCc recipients for the review from your Outlook address book.
- Attach files to your Outlook message for review from the Apttus agreement record, including the agreement document, supporting or offline documents, other versioned documents, or documents from the agreement record's Notes & Attachments.
- Attach files from your local drive, media or other storage.
- Choose which documents are tracked as part of a review cycle (Note: tracking is only enabled for versioned documents and the X-Author Contracts for Outlook add-in).
- Reply as an internal reviewer and check your version of an agreement document into the agreement record in Salesforce.