About This Guide
Apttus X-Author Contracts gives Legal teams the best of both worlds—the familiarity of Microsoft Word, and the enterprise performance of Salesforce Apttus X-Author Contracts is fully integrated with the Apttus Omni: Intelligent Middle Office Platform™. Apttus X-Author Contracts enables Legal to execute an entire contract lifecycle inside Microsoft Word while complying with Salesforce approval workflows and pulling the latest terms and clauses from your legal playbook. With Apttus X-Author Contracts, Legal can improve contract visibility, and control and accountability, while working inside a system they already know and like.
|What's Covered||This guide walks the Contracts Administrator or Template Designer through the setup of the entire contract lifecycle within the scope of X-Author Contracts. It contains information, step-by-step instructions, and use cases for the features provided by X-Author Contracts.|
|IT Environment||Refer to the latest X-Author Contracts on Salesforce Release Notes for information on System Requirements and Supported Platforms.|
|Updates||For a comprehensive list of updates to this guide for each release, see the What's New topic.|
This guide describes the following tasks:
- To create customized templates for generating agreements, clauses, proposals, or billing memos.
- To publish templates.
- To create conditional segments or clauses in a template that are generated in the agreement document if those criteria are met.
- To check out and edit a contract, and negotiate a contract using redlining.
- To send an agreement for review to one or several parties and finish the reviewing cycle by incorporating the changes and merging versions of the agreement.
- To perform reconciliation on agreement documents and clauses.
- To import third part documents, use intelligent import to map clauses and fields with Apttus library, and check in the document to Apttus repository.
Before using X-Author Contracts, you must be familiar with the following:
- Basic Apttus Salesforce Administration
- Apttus Contract Management Administration
- Apttus terms and definitions