X-Author for Contracts 2.0 is a Microsoft Word add-in that can be installed using Centralized Deployment via the Office 365 admin center. Centralized Deployment supports both Windows operating system and Mac operating system and the deployment approach is the same for both the operating systems.
Prior to the Summer ‘20 release, the X-Author for Contracts 2.0 was supported only for Mac operating system. From Summer ’20 release, the X-Author for Contracts 2.0 is supported for both Windows operating system and Mac operating system. You can access all the features of X-Author for Contracts 2.0 in both operating systems. For more information about system requirements and supported platforms, refer X-Author for Contracts 2.0 on Salesforce Summer 2020 Release Notes.
To install the X-Author for Contracts 2.0 add-in, the Office 365 administrator must first deploy the X-Author for Contracts 2.0 add-in in Office 365. Deploying X-Author for Contracts 2.0 add-in is a one-time activity. When the administrator installs the X-Author for Contracts 2.0 add-in for the first time in their organization, only then the administrator need to deploy the add-in. During deployment, the administrator can assign the add-in to a user, to multiple users via a group, or to everyone in their organization. The users that are assigned add-in access, must insert add-in in their Microsoft Word.
If the administrator needs to assign the add-in to new users after the administrator has installed X-Author for Contracts 2.0 add-in using Centralized Deployment:
- No action is required if the add-in was assigned to Everyone.
- Add new users to the group if the add-in was assigned to Group.
- Give access to new users if the add-in was assigned to Specific users.
When the administrator assigns add-in to new users, the users must insert add-in in their Microsoft Word.
The following table provides an overview of different administrator and user actions that need to be performed for different use cases:
|Use case||Assign Users||Admin Action||User Action|
|Assigning add-in to users during the first-time installation||Everyone/Group/Specific users||Deploy X-Author for Contracts 2.0 add-in||Insert X-Author for Contracts 2.0 add-in|
|Assigning add-in to new users after installation||Everyone||No action||Insert X-Author for Contracts 2.0 add-in|
|Group||Add new users to the group||Insert X-Author for Contracts 2.0 add-in|
|Specific users||Give access to new users||Insert X-Author for Contracts 2.0 add-in|
Deploying X-Author for Contracts 2.0 Add-in
As an Office 365 administrator, you can deploy the X-Author for Contracts 2.0 add-in and assign the add-in directly to a user, to multiple users via a group, or to everyone in your organization.
- You must have the administrator role to deploy the add-in.
- You must have the X-Author for Contracts 2.0 manifest file.
- Ensure that your organization meets all requirements for using centralized deployment. For information about how to determine if your organization can use centralized deployment, see Determine if Centralized Deployment of add-ins works for your Office 365 organization.
To download the X-Author for Contracts 2.0 manifest file
- You must have Apttus-provided login credentials to the Apttus Community Portal to be able to download the file.
- Go to https://community.apttus.com.
- From the Resources dropdown, select Install Center - Salesforce Only.
- In the Contract Management section, click Download available for X-Author for Contracts 2.0.
- In the DOWNLOAD FILE window, click Confirm Download.
To deploy X-Author for Contracts 2.0 add-in
- Sign in to Office 365 with your account.
- Select the app launcher icon in the upper-left and select Admin.
- In the navigation menu, click Show more, then select Settings and click Services & add-ins.
- Select Deploy Add-In and click Next after reviewing the requirements.
- On the Centralized Deployment page, select I have the manifest file (.xml) on this device option.
- Click Browse to locate the manifest file (.xml) that you want to use.
- On the Assign Users page, choose from Everyone, Specific Users/Groups, or Only me. Use the search box to find the users and groups to whom you want to deploy the add-in.
- Click Deploy.
The X-Author for Contracts 2.0 add-in is added in Office 365. Users to whom permission is given can directly insert the add-in in their Microsoft Word. It can take up to 24 hours for the add-in to show up for all users.
Accessing X-Author for Contracts 2.0 Add-in
Any user with add-in installation privileges can insert the X-Author for Contracts 2.0 add-in in their Microsoft Word.
To insert X-Author for Contracts 2.0 add-in
- Open Microsoft Word.
- Sign in to Microsoft Word.
- Select Insert tab and click My Add-ins.
- Select Admin Managed tab.
In the Admin Managed tab, select X-Author Contracts add-in. If you are unable to see the add-in, click Refresh.
- Click Add.
On the Home tab of Microsoft Word, you can see the X-Author Contracts ribbon.
If you are unable to install the X-Author for Contracts 2.0 using Centralized Deployment, you can contact Apttus Support.