You can use the Intelligent Import feature to automatically extract key data from third-party contract documents. Apttus Intelligent Import scans the third-party document, recognizes, and maps important metadata and clauses to the Apttus Contract Management system. You can control the visibility of the Intelligent Import feature in X-Author for Contracts 2.0. For more details, see Configuring Intelligent Import Settings topic in the Contract Management on Salesforce Administrator Guide.
Previously, on importing an offline agreement, you had to manually find clauses and fields and mark them. Intelligent Import uses the pre-trained Artificial Intelligence-based clauses and fields AI Models to recognize the words that denote the clauses or fields in the third party document.
- You must configure the Intelligent Import Settings in Contract Management to view the Intelligent Import option in the Work tab. For more details, see Configuring Intelligent Import Settings topic in the Contract Management on Salesforce Administrator Guide.
- You must create a mapping of record types and provisions. For more details, see Mapping Record Types to Projects topic in the Contract Management on Salesforce Administrator Guide.
To perform the Intelligent Import
- Check-in the third-party document as an offline agreement in X-Author Contracts.
- Check-out the offline agreement document.
- From the X-Author Contracts pane, go to Work tab and click Intelligent Import.
- Click Yes.
Your document is sent for the Intelligent Import and you will see a confirmation message. Click Review Import Result to check the progress of Intelligent Import. You will receive an email on Intelligent Import status after clicking the Review Import Result.
After the Intelligent Import has performed the data extraction successfully, you will receive an email. You can see the fields and clauses recognized from the document in X-Author Contracts. The Doc Fields and Doc Clauses in Work tab shows the list of fields and clauses identified in the document. If you find that some field or clause is incorrectly marked, you can remove the identified clause or field from the document. You can also mark other content as a field in the document.
To remove a marked field after Intelligent Import
- Go to Work tab and click Doc Fields.
- Select the incorrectly tagged field and click more options icon ( ).
- Click Mark for Removal.
Click Delete on the confirmation dialog that appears.
To remove a marked clause after Intelligent Import
- Go to Work tab and click Doc Clauses.
- Select the incorrectly tagged clause and click more options icon ( ).
- Click Unmark.
Click Unmark on the confirmation dialog that appears.
Additionally, clauses and fields extracted by Intelligent Import are converted into smart clauses and fields. Upon check-in with reconcile, it will promote all marked clauses.