Refresh Clauses functionality allows you to keep your agreement template up to date. If the agreement template contains clauses, and one clause has been changed but not published, this functionality can update the clause in the agreement template in context. The clauses having any of the following changes will appear in the Refresh Clauses list:
- Change in clause attribute
- Addition, deletion, or modification in clause content
- Change in the smart, read-only or merge fields
Ensure that you have checked in the clause after editing it.
Clauses with repeat table or repeat section cannot be refreshed.
To refresh clauses in a template
- In the X-Author Templates ribbon, click Refresh Clauses.
If the Template contains clauses with no changes, you will see a message stating, All clauses are up-to-date.
If the Template contains clauses with changes, you will receive a message showing which clauses need to be refreshed.
- Click Refresh to update all of the clauses that are within your main Template. This displays the confirmation message.
Behavior and Limitations
- When you perform Refresh Clauses the default space inside a clause between two lines is removed. If you need additional space between the two lines, it is recommended that you manually give space.
- When you perform Refresh Clauses, one line of space is added after the clause.