For Contracts for Salesforce Enterprise Edition, you have the option for your Managed Clauses to remain Standard when you use recursive merge by adding the Sync Merge Values button.
A Composer button with the following parameter
- &RM=1 that saves the Contract document to the object. We recommend using the Contract Agreement object.
To enable this feature:
- Create a custom button called Recursive Merge on your object.
- Conga recommends creating a separate button specifically for this action where all other View Redline functions are disabled. To do this, use the following code:
disableNegotiate=true, disableTrueUp=true, disableSavePdf=true,
After you've created the new button:
- Put the button on your layout.
- Generate a Contract that contains a recursive merge field. After creation, this Contract appears in Files.
- Click the new Recursive Merge button on the record.
- Click the new Sync Merge Values option in the upper right hand corner.
- Click Continue to replace your merge tags within your Managed Clauses with the source data values. If successful, the following message displays: recursive merge sync is complete.
Your contract now displays your new data value instead of a merge tag and has a new revision, but remains flagged as Standard.
Known Limitations: Feature is not currently supported in Internet Explorer