Download page Merging Clause Data.
Merging Clause Data
As part of the CLM (Contracts for Salesforce) managed package, the applications has custom functionality that cleans certain HTML tags from Clause Text and Managed Clause text. The reason these custom settings exist is because Composer does not have a way of preventing extra line breaks from merging into a document in certain use cases:
- When a rich text area field is edited in Salesforce Lightning, p tags are automatically added surrounding the text. If Clause text is included within an unordered or ordered list in a Word document, and p tags exist within the Clause text, a line break is added at the end of the Clause text. This results in a blank list item after the Clause text.
- If an unordered or ordered list exists within the Clause rich text, the UL or OL tags add a line break at the end of the list. This results in a blank list item after the last list item.
To enable these settings, take the following steps:
- Search for Custom Settings and click Manage next to Conga General Settings.
- Enable Clean P Tags - This setting is for enabling the removal of p (paragraph) tags from clause text.
- Enable Clean OL Tags - This setting is for enabling the removal of ol (ordered list) tags from clause text.
- Enable Clean UL Tags - This setting is for enabling the removal of ul (unordered list) tags from clause text.
- Enable Remove Style - This setting is for enabling the removal of styling from clause text.
After these settings are enabled, they clean tags from newly created or edited Clause text (APXT_Redlining__Text_Rich__c on Clause Object) or Managed Clause text (APXT_Redlining__Text_Rich__c on Managed Clause object).
Enabling the settings does not retroactively clean existing Clause text. To clean existing clause text, edit and save the clause text field on the record after the settings are enabled. For example, add a space at the end of the last period and save the record to apply the new enabled settings.