Download page Using Conga Orchestrate to Automatically Select Clauses in Contracts for Salesforce.
Using Conga Orchestrate to Automatically Select Clauses in Contracts for Salesforce
You must have an active Conga Orchestrate subscription to leverage this method with Contracts for Salesforce.
Use Conga Orchestrate to automate clause selection for your Conga Contracts for Salesforce solution. Conga Orchestrate allows you to designate and automatically select clauses based on defined conditions, as opposed to selecting each clause or clause bundle on the object record. For example, specific clauses are automatically added as managed clauses for an NDA Contract, while other designated clauses are added as managed clauses to an MSA Contract. Another clause may be added when an Opportunity Product is present on an associated Opportunity.
Follow the directions below to automate clause selection with Conga Orchestrate
- Configure the Managed Clause object as a Step in Conga Orchestrate Setup.
- Navigate to the Conga Orchestrate Setup tab.
- Click Configure Objects under the Custom Object Setup section.
- Select Step to configure Managed Clause as a process step.
- Click Verify to verify the OAuth connection.
- Choose Select Existing Object and click the + Button above the Managed Clause object.
- Click Use Selected Object to confirm the selection.
- Leave all the field mappings as default and click Map Fields to Custom Object.
- Use the + button to assign the desired field-level security for user-profiles and click Save Field Security.
- Click Select Default and then Assign Fields to assign the default Conga Orchestrate fields to the Managed Clause page layout.
- Click Deploy Trigger.
- Creating a Definition and Steps to Automate Clause Selection.
To automate clause selection with Conga Orchestrate, create a new Definition record
- Click the Definitions object tab.
- Click the New button to create a new definition record.
- Fill out the Definition Name field.
- In the Definition Conditions section, use the Object Name drop-down to select Contract as the field value, or select the custom object that you have configured to use with Conga Contracts for Salesforce and will add managed clauses to. If you are adding managed clauses to a custom object, ensure that you have used the custom object wizard in Conga Orchestrate Setup to enable your custom object as a step object in Conga Orchestrate.
- Choose a value for the Object Record Type field if more than one is available.
- (Optional) Click + Add Definition Criteria to add Definition Conditions to conditionally determine when this Definition will be used. Fill out the corresponding fields to create conditional logic.
- Example: Contract Type equals NDA OR Contract Type Equals MSA. In this example, clauses are only added automatically as managed clauses to the Contract object when the Contract Type field value is equal to NDA or MSA.
- Click Save.
Now add Steps for each Clause you'd like Orchestrate to manage as part of this Definition
- Click New Step.
- Each clause has its own step in the definition. The related step instructions below must be completed for each individual clause.
- In the Step Name field reference, specifying the clause record name and the type of Contract it relates to is recommended.
- Select the Step Type field and choose Create Record as the field value.
- Select the Status Managed By field and choose Create Record Only as the field value. Choosing to Create Record Only automatically sets the Create with Status Field as Completed and automatically assigns the Step to the executing user.
- In the Step Information section, select the Object To Create field and choose Managed Clause as the field value.
- Select the Object Record Type to Create field and choose Managed Clause as the field value.
- Add Step Creation Conditions to determine the conditional logic in which the clause (step) is added.
- Example: contract_type__c Equals MSA. This step and the related clause are only added to Contract records that have a Contract Type of MSA.
- The Step Creation Condition will determine which specific clauses are added as managed clauses based upon conditional logic. When this logic is true, the clause will be added.
Complete the capture object information section
- In the Capture Object Information section, click the look-up icon for Clause Field to select the related Clause record. This is the Clause to which the Managed Clause will be tied and is the only required field. Its most recent revision will populate the Managed Clause's Latest Revision Text. Note: If any other fields are required on the Managed Clause page layout, Orchestrate will enforce the requiredness in the capture object information section. To remove the requiredness, you may edit the page layout(s) for Managed Clauses.
- At the top of the Step page, click Save.
Activate the definition
- Once all clauses have their own step record in the definition, click Edit on the Definition record.
- Check the Is Active checkbox to activate the definition.
Best Practices and Recommendations for Clause Selection Definitions
Create an initial top-level Update Record step that when completed, updates the status field of the Contract or custom object. This allows you to incorporate the automated clause selection into an Approval Process. See the details below for more information.
- Use an Update Records Step Type.
- Add Step Creation Conditions to determine when the step is created.
- In the Record Updates section, choose the values that update the record.
- For example, select Contract as the Process Object and Status as the field to update. Choose Value as the Update Type. Select your desired field value as the Updated Value.