Download page Converting Attachments to Files.
Converting Attachments to Files
Converting Attachments to Files feature enables a user to convert documents, which are saved as attachments, to files.
The migration process has the following limitations:
- You can convert only 2,00,000 attachments per day per Production Org.
- Existing customer can start migration only after upgrading to the Contract Management new release version and before selecting the Enable File setting.
- Time to complete migration depends on the number of attachments getting converted to files.
- If the number of agreements is greater than 2,00,000 then migration and downtime should be planned accordingly.
To convert attachments to files
Go to the Salesforce.com App Menu and select Attachments and Notes migrator.
Click Attachments to Files. The Attachments to Files page appears.
Figure: Attachments to Files Page
Select the required object from the Filter by object drop-down list as shown in the below figure.
Figure: Filter by object
Select the Bulk conversion by object type radio button, as shown in the below image, from the Public and Private Attachments to Convert section.
Figure: Bulk Conversion
You can also convert attachments to files by selecting the followings:
Convert by related record ID You can convert attachments using Record ID. Users can enter multiple IDs separated by commas or each ID in a separate line. Convert by attachment ID You can convert attachments using Attachment ID. Users can enter multiple IDs separated by commas or each ID in a separate line.
Users can also filter attachments created in a specific time period using Show items created between, by Created Date, and by Last Modified Date options
A pop-up appears displaying the below message as shown in the below figure.
Figure: Convert Attachment
Click Convert Attachment to convert the attachments or click Cancel to cancel the conversion.
- After attachments are converted to files, you will get an email which displays a message as highlighted in the below figure.
Figure: Email Message
The conversion of attachments to files is completed.