You can send the agreement documents to Microsoft Teams (MS Teams) for collaboration review. In MS Teams, you can collaboratively edit and review an agreement document with all the team members and view live changes. A review cycle is created when you send an agreement document in DOCX format for MS Teams review.
- You must have configured MS Teams Setting to send an agreement document for review. For more information, see Configuring MS Teams Setting.
- You can only send agreement documents in DOCX format for review.
- You must ensure that the Status Category for the Agreement record is In Authoring or In Signatures.
- You must ensure that Track Changes are enabled on the agreement document that you send to the customer for review.
- You cannot send related agreements for MS Teams review.
- If the document name, channel name, or team name contains special characters, the special characters are not displayed in the MS Teams view.
- If the document name or channel name exceeds 150 characters or the team name exceeds 250 characters, the names are truncated.
|User Permissions Needed
|To send a document for review:
To send an agreement document for review
- On the Agreement detail page, click the Send for Teams Review button.
From the Select Document(s) page, select documents that you need to send for teams review and click Next.
The documents that are in review are not displayed on the Select Document(s) page.
Choose the form of document protection to be applied to documents selected in the previous step and click Next.
In the Edit Permissions Level section, the Full Access protection is selected by default.
This page is shown only if Agreement Document Protection rules for "Send to Other Party for Review" are specified and properties for document protection are enabled. For more information, see Use Case for Setting Up Agreement Document Protection and Admin Entries.
- In the Reviewers field, enter the name or email id of a reviewer from your organization in the search bar and click the search icon (). After the search results are displayed, click the add icon () to add the reviewer.
The newly added reviewer is displayed in the Added Reviewers section.
- After adding all the reviewers, click Send.
This displays a popup message that your document is being processed. After processing, a new MS Team is created. If multiple documents are sent for review, then multiple teams are created. The name of the team is according to the Team Name Format defined in MS Teams custom setting. For more information, see Configuring MS Teams Setting.
Click Ok on the popup message.
This opens the Agreement Detail page.
When you send a document for MS Teams review, you cannot check out the document.
To review a document in MS Teams
- Open MS Teams application.
- On the left side of Teams, click Teams.
- Type the agreement name in the search box at the top right and press Enter.
- Expand the team to see the channels in the team.
- Click ReviewCycle_<date>.
The channel name is according to the Channel Name Format in MS Teams' custom setting. For more information, see Configuring MS Teams Setting.
- Click the Files tab.
- Click More options () next to the file name.
- Select an edit option according to your requirements. For more information, see Microsoft Teams documentation.
After you end the review in Contract Management, the reviewed document is available on the Document Version Detail page.
To view the review cycle of an agreement
- Navigate to the Agreement detail page.
- Go to the Document Versions section.
In the Review Status column, click the In Progress link to open the Review Cycle page.
To add additional reviewers to the review cycle
Navigate to the Review Cycle page.
Click Add Reviewer. This opens the Add Reviewer page.
- In the Reviewers field, enter the name or email id of a reviewer from your organization in the search bar and click the search button (). Once the search results are displayed, click the add icon () to add the reviewer.
Click Send. An email notification is sent to the reviewer.
If you add a new member in MS Teams, the new member can review the document, but the new member details are not available in the Review Cycle page of Contract Management.
To end review on the review cycle page
- Navigate to the Review Cycle page.
Click the End Review button. This displays a popup message stating that the end review is initiated.
- Click Ok on the popup message.
Click Refresh to view the updated status of the review cycle.
When you end the review for all the reviewers, the review cycle status changes from In Progress to Completed. The MS Team is Archived and you cannot edit the document. An email notification is sent to all the reviewers that the reviewed document is checked-in successfully.
- Click Exit.
- To view the reviewed document, navigate to the Document Version Detail page.
To cancel review on the review cycle page
Prerequisite: The review cycle should be In Progress status.
- Navigate to the Review Cycle page.
Click the Cancel button in the header.
The review status changes to Cancelled on the Review Cycle page. The MS Team is Archived. If you edit the document, the changes will not be added to the agreement. An email notification is sent to all the reviewers that the review has been cancelled.
An entry is added in the Activity History section when you initiate a review, add additional reviewers, cancel review or end review.