The organization-wide email address allows you to associate an email address to user profiles. When you assign an organization-wide email address for all the user profiles or selected user profiles, users can use the common email address while sending emails. You can set up multiple organization-wide email addresses, but you can use only one organization-wide email address to send emails. When an organization-wide email address is not set up then the logged-in user email address is used to send emails.
You must configure the following comply system properties:
- Organization-Wide Email Address Display
- Use Organization-Wide Email Address
For more information, see Comply System Properties.
To set up or organization-wide email address
- Go to Setup > Email > Organization-Wide Email Addresses.
- Click New.
Enter a display name and email address.
The display name that you add here must also be added in the Organization-Wide Email Address Display comply system property.
- According to your requirement, select one of the following options.
- Allow All Profiles to Use this From Address
- Allow Only Selected Profiles to Use the From Address
- Select profiles for which you want to allow the users to select the organization-wide address.
- Click Save.