You can generate an agreement document using an existing template. If a template is long and complicated, with many clause references and conditional statements, it may take a while to generate the document. In such cases, you can submit the request to generate an agreement document and you will receive an email notification after the document is generated. Templates can be created using X-Author for Contracts. For each agreement record type, a different template can be created in Microsoft Word. For more information on using X-Author for Contracts to create a template, see X-Author for Contracts documentation.
- You must have an existing agreement record.
- You must have a template ready for the record type of your agreement.
|User Permissions Needed|
|To preview an agreement:||Agreement: ReadTemplate: ReadAsyncMergeCall: Read, Create, Edit (Field Access: Read, Edit)|
|To generate/regenerate an agreement:||Agreement: EditTemplate: ReadAsyncMergeCall: Read, Create, Edit (Field Access: Read, Edit)|
To generate an agreement document
- Navigate to the Agreements tab and select an existing agreement record.
- Click Generate to generate an Agreement document.
- You will be navigated to the Template selection page. From the Options section, select one of the following output formats for your agreement record:
- DOC or DOCX: To generate a Microsoft Word document.
- RTF: To generate an agreement document in Rich Text Format.
- PDF: To generate a PDF protected agreement document.
- From the Document Permission dropdown, select one of the following document protection options for the generated document:
- Full access: To allow users to read and write. This option is selected by default.
- Insert comments and tracked changes only: To allow users to insert comments. All the changes made by any user are tracked.
- Insert comments only: To allow users to insert comments.
- Fill in form fields only: To allow users to fill in the form fields.
- Read only: To allow read-only access to users.
- To include a watermark across your agreement document, select the Include Watermark checkbox.
From the Templates section, select the template to generate your agreement document. The first template in the list is selected by default. If only one template is available for a record type or only one template is available based on query template filter then that template is selected by default.
- Click Generate or Submit according to your requirement.
After the document is generated, the Document Generated window is displayed. If you had selected Submit, you must stay signed into CLM and you will receive an email after the document is generated.
- Click the Click here to view your file link to download your document or click OK to return to the agreement detail page.
- An agreement document is generated using the selected template and can be found in the Notes & Attachments related list. Click the Preview button to preview the generated document.
When a document is generated or regenerated, all the smart clauses are displayed in the Agreement Clauses section with Action as Original. When a document is regenerated a new entry is created in the Agreement Clauses section even if the same clause already exists.
In the version aware agreements, the Document Type of the generated and regenerated documents are updated as Agreement Document and the generated supporting documents are updated as Supporting Document.