Download page Configuring Custom Roles and Permissions.
Configuring Custom Roles and Permissions
Roles & Permissions control what each user can see and do within your Collaborate organization. Set up custom roles when the three default roles do not meet your business needs. Also, use the tool to clone a default role and make small changes.
In most cases, it is not necessary to set up custom roles and permissions. If you do feel you need a custom role, we recommend contacting our support team to discuss your business needs and determine if a custom role is necessary.
To configure custom roles:
- From your user dropdown, select Administration.
- Click Roles & Permissions.
- Select Create New Role.
- Enter a descriptive name in the Role Name field.
- Click Add User and select any and all users you wish to assign to this role.
- Select default permissions by clicking Permissions and selecting default permissions from the dropdown.
- Customize permissions as appropriate for the role you’ve created. Filter to specific collections of permissions using the categories in the left-hand panel, or use the search field to find the permissions you want.
- Click Save. When setting permissions, an empty checkbox next to specific permission or a set of permissions indicates NONE of the individual qualifiers are selected. A “-” means at least one qualifier is selected, and a checkmark means ALL qualifiers are selected.