This topic describes the use case for generating a document using the Composer Lightning Component.
This use case gives one example of how to generate a Client Welcome Letter using the Composer Lightning Component. You might use this functionality differently to generate different documents depending on your business case. Contact your administrator to configure the Composer Solutions as per your business use case.
For example, you (sales representative) are sending out new client welcome letters to every customer. These are often the same copy and pasted documents with some slight changes for personalization. The administrator (Sales Operations Manager) of your company always looking for ways to speed up and simplify the sales process, so he automate this process and builds a Composer Solution so that you can generate a welcome letter for new accounts directly from the Salesforce using Composer Lightning Component.
The administrator can configure the solution in the following two ways as per the business use case to generate the document and send it via email:
- Provide selections, such as which template to use for the final merged files or other options to streamline the process.
- Run the solution in background mode, which means with a single button click, the document will be generated according to the predetermined output method, behind the scenes. (For this, you only need to click the button, the rest of the process runs in the background and the document or email template is automatically merged and delivered in the desired manner. Because the user interface is skipped, you are not able to choose templates, output file options, or activity logging options. Instead, the administrator pre-defines these options in the Conga Composer solution using parameters.)
To generate a document with Conga Composer Lightning Component UI
- Go to the Account object.
- Click the respective account from the account list.
- Click the Client Welcome Letter button.
- The Conga Composer Lightning Component UI screen is displayed if the administrator defines this behavior for you to select particular options.
Select the respective Email Template from the list or it is preselected if the Composer Administrator has defined a particulate template as a default in the solution.
- Select or Update the options under the following sections if you want:
- Related Contact
- Output Options
- Save a Copy
- Activity Logging
- Click Preview Solution if you want to preview the document before the final merge operation.
- Click Merge and Email. The Conga Email User Interface or standard Salesforce Email Task screen is displayed with an attachment of the generated document as per the configuration.
You can customize the formatting and delivery options before sending the email. When an outbound email is generated from a Conga HTML Email Template, SendGrid is enabled, or when merging multiple documents, Composer automatically assembles the email and presents the Conga Email User Interface. If none of those conditions are met, the standard Salesforce Email Task screen is used when emailing a Composer generated document.
- Click Send Email.
The email is sent with the Welcome Letter. If you have set the Activity Logging in the Conga Composer Lightning Component UI or configured it into the solution by the administrator using Activity Logging parameters, you can see the Upcoming & Overdue details under the Activity section as shown in the image below.