Conga Contracts has migrated from SOAP API to REST API, and this change has affected some of the application's integrations. Customers using Adobe Sign will need to re-authenticate their connection to continue using this integration.
- This change will not affect any in-flight eSignature packages, but you must re-authenticate for these packages to finish processing.
- You will not be able to send or receive any new eSignature packages until you re-authenticate.
To re-authenticate your Conga Contracts connection with Adobe Sign, take the following steps :
- From Conga Contracts, click the Gear Icon and then click System Settings from the dropdown menu.
- Under the Integrations section on the left navigation menu, click eSignature.
- Click the Connect to Adobe Sign button.
- On the Adobe Sign login page, sign in with your Administrator credentials and click Sign In. You may receive a window listing permissions that Conga Contracts is requesting to access, click OK to accept. The following confirmation message displays upon successful completion: "Adobe Sign Auth Complete. Please close this window."
Your re-authentication is complete and your eSignature packages will now work as expected.