When I click the Submit to Conga Contracts button in a Conga Contracts record in Salesforce, an error message displays.
Question or Problem
When I click the Submit to Conga Contracts button in Contract record in Salesforce, an error message displays.
Solution and/or Cause
There are two items that could cause the error and cause the submission of the contract request to fail. Follow the steps below to successfully submit a contract request:
- Ensure the Contract Type template you are using for your request is synched to Conga Contracts:
- Select Conga Contracts in the Apps list from any Salesforce page.
- Click on the Contract Types tab.
- Locate the template you used in the Contract Type Name field.
- In the Status field for the contract type, verify the status is Synched. The Status Image field displays a Salesforce icon icon, indicating an active status. Proceed to Step 2.If the contract type is not synched:
- Click on the contract type link in the Contract Type Name field to display the contract type in edit mode.
- In the Document Options list, change the selection to any other option, and click Save.
- When the screen refreshes, the Status Image field displays a Salesforce icon, indicating a pending status.
- Refresh the page and verify the Status is now Synched and the Status Image is Salesforce icon. Even if Error displays in the Status field, proceed to Step 2.
- Ensure there is a field set for the Contract Type template you are using for your request:
- Click on the Setup link, located adjacent to your name in the top right of any Salesforce screen.
- In the left navigation pane, scroll down to the Build category, and click Create > the directional arrow icon > Objects.
- In the Custom Objects page, locate the Contract link, and click on it.
- In the Contract (Managed) page, locate the Field Sets link, located in the cluster of links under the page name at the top of the screen, and click on it.
- In the Field Sets section of the page, ensure the name of the contract type you are using for your contract request is listed in either the API Name column or the Field Label column.If the field set is not listed for the Contract Type, add the field set:
- Click New.
- In the New Field Set page, populate the required fields, which are case-sensitive:
- Field Set Label - Enter the contract type name with no spaces, and no brackets. For example, Real_Estate_Lease.Field Set Name - This field is auto-populated with the information from the Field Set Label.
- Where is this used? - Enter Field Set for contract type: followed by the contract type name with no spaces, and no brackets.
- Click Save.
- When the screen refreshes, click on the Account label in the list box, and drag-and-drop it into the designated area (In the Field Set list box).
- Click Save.
- Resubmit your contract request.