You need the Role Admin permission to update the permissions assigned to a user role, as well as the level of access to additional forms, document types, and individual company, contract, and project groups.
- Click the Gear Icon in the Navigation Toolbar, and click the Roles link in the menu.
- In the Roles screen, locate the user role you want to edit, and click it to select it.
- In the Role Profile screen, click Edit in the toolbar to display the screen in edit mode.
- When the screen refreshes, make any of the following updates:
- Role Name field - click in the field and update the name of the user role.
- Role Description field - click in the field and edit the role's description.
- Clause Security list - click > in the field to display a list of security levels, and click another level to identify the clauses that this user role is permitted to use.
Click or clear the Limit Editing User Preferences check box.
Selecting this check box prevents any user holding this role from populating or editing the fields in the Name, Address, and Contact tabs in their User Preferences window. However, users will still be able to access the Email Signature field in their Contact tab.
- Edit the permission types and/or the company, contract, and project groups, additional forms, and document types that the user role can access. For additional information, refer to Steps 6-7 in Adding a User Role.
- Click Save.