Prior to creating a scorecard or a scorecard component (categories and questions), a user with the Scorecard Admin permission must create an Answer Profile containing the available responses to scorecard questions. The Answer Profile provides several options in creating the profile since it can contain as few as two (2) answers (True/False or Yes/No), or as many as five (5) answers to accurately answer scorecard questions. The Scorecard Admin can also set up many different Scorecard Answer Profiles to accommodate different types of scorecards. For example, the following types of profiles can be created:
- Basic Profile - contains only True/False (or Yes/No) responses and each response is assigned a weight of 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 since the default rating system used in all Answer Profiles must be between 1 and 5. For example, a Yes response could be assigned a weight of 5 and a No response could be assigned a weight of 1.
If the questions (or statements) in a scorecard will be worded in such a way that a Yes (or True) response will yield a higher scorecard rating, then a Yes (or True) response should be rated as a "5" and a No (or False) response should be rated as a "1." For example, if a scorecard contained questions such as "Has the company's Customer Service Department been responsive to our needs?" an Administrator would assign a weight of "5" to the 'Yes' response, and a weight of "1" to the 'No' response to ensure accurate scorecard ratings are captured.
- Question Profile - contains at least one (1), but no more than five (5), responses to a scorecard question, along with an assigned weight for each response. Fox example, 1 = Never, 2 = Rarely, 3 = Sometimes, 4 = Usually, and 5 = Always.
- Statement Profile - contains at least one (1), but no more than five (5), responses to a scorecard statement, along with an assigned weight for each response. For example, 1 = Strongly Disagree, 2 = Disagree, 3 = Neither Agree nor Disagree, 4 = Agree, and 5 = Strongly Agree.
- Click Gear Icon in the Navigation Toolbar, and click the Scorecards link.
- In the Scorecards menu, click Scorecard Answer Profiles.
- In the Scorecard Answer Profiles browse screen, click New Scorecard Answer Profile in the toolbar.
- When the screen refreshes, provide basic information for the answer profile:
- Enter a name for the profile in the Answer Profile Name field.
- Enter a description in the Answer Profile Description field.
- Add at least two scorecard answers and their corresponding values:
- Click Add Answer in the toolbar.
- In the New Item record:
Click in the Name field, and enter a response.
Click in the Value field, and enter a value for the response.
- Click Save.