Lookup field settings provide an ability to filter lookup records through filter criteria based on the immediate parent on which the lookup field is defined.
Managing Lookup Fields
When you launch the Lookup Fields page on the UI, all the existing lookup fields are listed on this page along with their details. There are various functionalities available for you to manage the lookup fields.
Lookup Fields Search
You can narrow down the lookup fields list using the search feature. You can either define search criteria to search for a range of lookup fields or use the lookup fields search option.
In basic search, you can search for a lookup field using keywords. For example, you can search using the name of the lookup field.
- In the Search this list field, enter a keyword related to your lookup field details such as lookup field name.
- Click the search icon or press Enter. CPQ returns all lookup fields that contain that keyword in the lookup field details.
In advanced search, you can search for a lookup field using a search query.
- Click the Advanced Search icon . The Advanced Search pop-up is displayed.
- Enter the following details:
- Field: All lookup field are available in the drop-down list such as Text, Checkbox, Date, Date/Time, Number, Percent, Picklist, Multi-Select Picklist, Currency.
- Operator: Operators that are available for selection helps create the filter expression. Operators are displayed based on the field types. For example, a picklist value will display equal to and not equal operators and a text field will display equal to, not equal to, starts with, contain, does not contain operators. If it is a multi-value picklist, the application displays include and does not include operators.
- Value: Enter a value.
- Click Add Criteria if you want add more criteria in the advanced search.
- Turn the Logic button on if you have more than one criteria and enter a value in the Logic field.
- Click Apply to enable the search filter. CPQ returns all lookup fields that match the criteria.
Sorting lookup fields
You can sort the lookup fields by clicking the column names. The lookup fields are sorted in descending order using the last modified date. Every time you click the column name, the sorting switches between ascending and descending order. You can adjust the column width by dragging the columns. Hover near the column boundaries till two-way arrow appears. Click when the arrow appears and drag left or right to adjust the column width.
Actions available on this page
- Click Create New to create a lookup field.
- Click the ellipsis icon next to the lookup field name to edit or delete a lookup field.
- Click the lookup field name link to open the lookup field details page.
Items per page
At the bottom of the page, you can see the total count of lookup fields available. You can control the number of lookup fields to be displayed on each page. You can select the number of lookup fields from a predefined list. You cannot configure this list. By default, you see 20 records on each page.
By default, you can sort 10, 20, 30, 50, and 100 lookup fields per page using the Rows per page drop-down. This feature works in association with the search and filter functions to display search records per page. You can use the < and > buttons to move to the next or the previous pages. You can also jump to a certain page using the page search component.