Price lists are containers of price list items. Price lists can also have a currency set if your environment is multi-currency enabled.
Price lists are associated with categories so that an end user can view and select products from the shopping cart. For example, Price list A is associated with Category B, when you select price list A on the Quote/Proposal Edit page, only category B and associated products are displayed in the shopping cart.
You can create a price list at any time; however, it is most efficient to create a price list before creating products to easily associate the products with the price list.
Navigating the Price Lists Page
When you launch the Price Lists page on the UI, all the existing price lists are listed on this page along with their details. There are various functionalities available for you to manage the price lists.
Price List Search
Use the search feature to narrow down the price lists. You can use the Advanced Search option. The search query uses options provided in the Field, Operator, and Value and displays a search result that matches the criteria.
- Click the Advanced Search icon. The Advanced Search pop-up that consists of various fields, operators, and values is displayed.
- Field: All price list fields are available in the drop-down list such as Text, Checkbox, Date, Date/Time, Number, Percent, Picklist, Multi-Select Picklist, Currency.
- Operator: Operators that are available for selection helps create the filter expression. Operators are displayed based on the field types. For example, a picklist value will display equal to and not equal operators and a text field will display equal to, not equal to, starts with, contain, does not contain operators. If it is a multi-value picklist, the application displays include and does not include operators.
- Value: Enter a value.
- Click Apply to enable the search filter.
Sorting Price Lists
You can sort the price lists by clicking the column names. The price lists are sorted alphabetically. Every time you click the column name, the sorting switches between ascending and descending order. You can adjust the column width by dragging the columns. Hover near the column boundaries till two-way arrow appears. Click when the arrow appears and drag left or right to adjust the column width.
Actions available on this page
- Click Add New to create a new price lists.
- Click the ellipsis icon next to a price list name to delete an existing price list.
- Click the price list name link to open the Price Lists details page.
- Use the Active switch to activate or deactivate a price list.
Items per page
At the bottom of the page, you can see the total count of price lists available. You can control the number of price lists to be displayed on each page. You can select the number of price lists from a predefined list. You cannot configure this list. By default, you see 20 records on each page.
By default, you can sort 10, 20, 30, 50, and 100 price lists per page using the Rows per page drop-down. This feature works in association with the search and filter functions to display search records per page. You can use the < and > buttons to move to the next or the previous pages. You can also jump to a certain page using the page search component.