- You must have existing assets.
- Your administrator must have completed certain configurations. For more information on these configurations, see Configuring Service CPQ.
To associate a service with an asset
- Create a quote.
- Navigate to the Installed Products page.
On the Purchased Products tab, select the required assets (standalone, bundle, or options).
Validating Service Assets based on Criteria
You can select multiple equipment assets on the Purchased Products tab. Based on the selection criteria of equipment assets, CPQ displays validation messages to ensure that the right set of equipment is selected to associate a service. For example, you can select assets based on the location criterion and then proceed to associate a service.
Click one of the following options:
- Click Relate. The Service Catalog is displayed. For more information, see Working with the Service Catalog.
Click Relate Component. The Relate Component pop-up is displayed. Select the required options of the asset bundle and click Relate. The Service Catalog is displayed.
Relate or Relate Component
- Use the Relate flow to associate services to a standalone or bundle equipment. The Related Line Item for the services on the Cart display only the standalone or bundle equipment that you selected here on the Purchased Products tab.
- Use the Relate Component flow to associate services to components of a bundle equipment. The Related Line Item for the services on the Cart display the components of the bundle that you selected here on the Purchased Products tab.
Select the required services:
Click Add to Cart. The Service Cart is displayed. For more information, see Working with the Service Cart.
Click Configure. The Config page is displayed.
Configure the attributes or options.
Click Go to Pricing. The Service Cart is displayed.
View the Service Cart. You can see the service line items and the related line items with weightage details for each asset.
Finalize the cart.
After your customer accepts the quote, an order is generated.
After you activate the order, new service assets are generated. The service assets are active and visible on the account.
Navigate to the Installed products page, select an equipment asset or service asset on the Purchased Products tab, and then click the Related Purchases tab. The association between equipment asset and service asset is displayed.
- If you selected an equipment asset on the Purchased Products tab, the associated service asset is displayed on the Related Purchases tab.
- If you selected a service asset on the Purchased Products tab, the associated equipment asset is displayed on the Related Purchases tab.