You can use the user-friendly interface to enter the necessary information and prepare a quote/proposal request or draft. To complete the quote/proposal, you must enter details relevant to a proposal. Some of the fields identified with (red vertical line) are required fields, without which you cannot save the proposal record. If the required details are not entered or incorrect details are entered, the system displays validation rule errors at the top of the page highlighted in red.
To create a quote/proposal
You must be logged into Salesforce.com. A series of colored tabs are aligned along the top navigation area.
- From the Salesforce.com application menu, select Apttus Proposal Management.
- Go to the Proposal tab and click New.
- OR -
Go to the Opportunities tab and click the Create Quote/Proposal button.
If you have installed CPQ for the first time, use Edit Layout to drag the button to the layout.
- From Record Type of new record, select the desired record type, and click Continue. You can add any type of Quote/Proposal template (Budgetary, Final, and more). The out-of-the-box system only has the Proposal and RFP type. If quote/proposal types are not set up or if you have access to only one quote/proposal type, skip to the next step.
- Type a mandatory Proposal Name and enter a mandatory Opportunity.
- Enter a Price List and an Account.
The Price List determines the categories and products you see in the configuration. Account is auto-populated if the proposal is created from an opportunity.
Select a value for QTC Profile. The following table describes the values of the field:
Value Description Regular This is the default value of the field, the cart pricing and finalization are processed in sync mode by default. You can override this behavior by using URL parameters. Split Select this to enable Smart Cart flow for the quote. When you select this, the cart pricing and the finalization are processed asynchronously.
Select this to process the cart finalization asynchronously for a quote with maximum of 10000 line items. The administrator must define finalizeCart() API to finalize when the quote has more than 1000 line items.
The administrator must add Enterprise as a picklist value in the QTC Profile field in the objects Quote/ Proposal, Product Configuration, and Agreement for CPQ to display the value on the quote. The administrator must also configure finalizeCart() API to finalize an Enterprise quote. For more information, see Configuring Enterprise QTC Profile Value for Quote
- An Opportunity may have many proposals or quotes. To set this record as a primary quote, select the Primary checkbox.
- In Primary Contact, enter the primary contact person name for the account.
Select the Single Transaction Adjustment checkbox to control the adjustment of the billing based on the context in which the discount is applied. When you select this checkbox on a proposal, billing schedules are adjusted from the start of the contract term. For more information, see Calculating Billing Amount based on the Contract Term and the Single Transaction Adjustment Flag.
From the Intent drop-down, select what you want to achieve after the quote is accepted. The supported values are:
Intent Purpose Order CPQ creates a regular flow, that is, order and assets. If you do not select any value from the Intent drop-down, CPQ considers Order as the default value. Contract
CPQ does not create order and assets. Instead, CPQ will create an agreement as a related list to the proposal with Intent = Contract. You must use this option when cart configuration must be driven by agreements.
- Auto-created related list Agreement (to proposal with Intent = Contract) will have auto-finalized configuration.
- Auto-created related list Agreement (to proposal with intent = Contract) will have agreement line items while having the same price and adjustments carried in quote with Intent = Contract.
CPQ does not create order and assets. Instead, CPQ will create a price agreement, which will be used for defining contract pricing for future quoting.
Since the intent is price agreement, your agreement price rules will be generated, and also a new price list will be generated for you containing price list items related to each one of the line items in your cart related to proposal.
The Net Unit Price (after all adjustments) of products on the quote with Intent = Price Agreement will be applied as list price on products during the new quote if the original quote number (earlier used as Intent = Price Agreement) is applied as the Contract Number on the new quote.
In the Purchase Identifier field, enter a unique identifier.
A purchase identifier is populated to cumulate the quantity, coterminate assets during quantity changes, bind various asset streams together, or add quantity upsell to the original renewal quote during renewal automation.
This purchase identifier floats from quote to cart line items > proposal line items > order line items > asset line items. This purchase identifier is used to calculate the total quantity that spans multiple streams during the increment scenarios, on the Installed Products page (of a renewal quote).
For example, you enter PI-01 in the Purchase Identifier field and the account has the following assets:
- Asset A
- Asset A
- Asset B
Then the total quantity of both Asset A and Asset A = 2, and the total quantity of Asset B = 1. For more information, see Managing Asset Increment with Coterminate Lines.
- From Approval Stage, select the stage of the proposal. The approval stage determines the actions available to you for a quote/proposal. For detailed information on various approval stages and the actions available, refer to .
- To enable the final quote or proposal generation from the current proposal, select Ready to Generate. The Ready to Generate checkbox is selected by default. If it is not selected, the Generate button does not appear in the proposal.
To attach and send the proposal in an email to a configured account, select Ready to Present. The Ready to Present checkbox is selected by default. If it is not selected, the Present button does not appear in the proposal.
Before saving the quote/proposal, ensure that you have set the Pricing Date that falls in between PLI expiration and effective dates. Otherwise, Quote cannot pick the PLI with a pricing date from an expired PLI.
- Click Save.
You have created the draft proposal which you can use for searching and reporting. Various new related lists are enabled on the quote/proposal page. To know more, refer to
Navigate to the proposal you just created and proceed with product selection.
Create quotes from opportunities inheriting the related line items
You can create a draft quote with the selected service product and its related line items (asset line items) and then synchronize it with the opportunity. After clicking the synchronize with opportunity, you can also cascade the related equipment lines to the opportunity and forecast the service revenue in conjunction with the opportunity.
Similarly, you can create a renewal quote that carries over the related line items to the quote or cart.