Price Tiers enable an end user to view or set up tiers on the pricing cart page. This ensures there are pricing settings (product line item) that determine if tiers can be modifiable or just viewable on the pricing cart page.
You can view existing pricing tiers and adjust pricing on the tier lines (if allowed). This also provides the capability to do tiers per units or usage and also capture additional usage charges for tiers.
If you have defined price matrices, the tiered pricing for a product is inherited from there. If you make any adjustments on the line item that has a tiered rate defined, the adjustments apply to tiered rate and also affect the price matrices.
If you are using usage-based pricing and have a matrix defined, the first dimension should always be a numeric value such as Quantity and not a string value.
You cannot make a price list item rampable and tierable at the same time.
To enable tiered pricing
You must have an existing price list item.
- On App Menu, click Apttus CPQ Admin and then click the CPQAdmin tab. The new admin console is launched.
- On the Pricing menu, click Manage Price Lists. A list of existing price lists is displayed.
- Select a price list and click the PRICELIST ITEMS tab.
- From Price Type, select Usage.
- From Price Method, select Tiered Rate. If Tiered Rate is not available as a choice, you can add it to the custom field object.
- To enable a user to modify a usage tier.
- Click the more icon ( ), and click Advanced.
- On the MISCELLANEOUS tab, select the Is Usage Tier Modifiable checkbox.
- Click Save.
Tiered pricing is enabled. If the price list item has tiers defined on the price list already, predefined tiers are displayed on the pricing cart page.
You can create or modify tiers for pricing on the pricing cart page.
To include a picklist value in an object
- Navigate to Setup > Create > Objects.
- Click the custom object. For example, click Price List Item label next to the Conga Configuration & Pricing installed package.
- Scroll down to the Custom Fields & Relationships related list and click the custom field. For example, click the Price Method field.
- Scroll down to the Picklist Values related list and click New.
Type a picklist value in the text area. For example, Tiered Rate.
You can add more than one picklist values. Each picklist value must be on a separate line.
- Click Save.
A picklist value is added to an object field.