You can set the exchange rate between the currency of your organization and another currency for a certain period.
If the Sales Representative uses the conversion rate on a date that is not within the defined period for currency exchange rate, CPQ displays an error message on the Cart.
- You must set the value of the useAdvancedCurrency parameter to True to enable dated currency conversion.
- A price list should be created where the currency field should be associated with the specific currency value based on your requirement for the currency conversion.
To manage currency conversion
- On App Menu, click Apttus CPQ Admin and then click the CPQ Admin tab. The new admin console is launched.
- On the Pricing menu, click Manage Currency Conversion. The Dated Currency Exchange Rates page with a list of existing exchange rates is displayed.
- Click Add New Conversion. A new item is added at the end of the list.
Enter the following details:
If the exchange rate is already available between the same currencies and you enter the exchange rates between the same currencies for the same period, CPQ displays an error message.
Field Description Currency From CPQ selects the source currency automatically based on the currency you have configured for your organization. Currency To Select the target currency to which you want to convert the source currency. Exchange Rate
Enter the exchange rate between two currencies.
Rate Type Select the rate type for currency conversion. Currently, Period End Date is supported. Start Date
Select the start date from when the currency conversion must be effective.
End Date CPQ enters the End Date automatically after you provide the Start Date for the next entry for the exchange rate between the same currencies.
For example, you provided the first rate between USD and EURO from 01/01/2020. Now when you provide the rate between the same currencies from 01/04/2020, the End Date for the previous entry is taken automatically by as 31/03/2020.
- Click Save.
- Click the more icon () and select + Add to add a new conversion or select X Remove to delete an existing conversion.