An opportunity can have multiple quotes, but it can only sync with one quote at a time. The sync process looks for Quote/Proposal records where the Primary field is marked as true.
To ensure that only one Quote/Proposal is marked as Primary at any time, CPQ provides a Make Primary action button. The button is conditionally displayed on a Quote/Proposal page if:
- There is an Opportunity related to the Quote/Proposal
- The Quote Proposal is not already marked as Primary
The first Quote/Proposal created on an Opportunity is automatically marked as Primary. When the Make Primary action is invoked with the button on a Quote/Proposal, the Primary checkbox on any other Quote/Proposal related to the same Opportunity is unchecked.
When a second Quote/Proposal is related to an Opportunity, it must be made Primary before configuring and finalizing products.
To make a quote as primary
You must have an existing non-primary quote/proposal created from an opportunity.
- Go to the required quote.
- Click Make Primary. The Make Primary page is displayed.
- Click Continue to make the quote as primary.