This section explains how you can manage assets in the Contract flow.
The custom setting Auto Create Order must be set to True under Setup > Develop > Custom Settings > Comply System Properties.
To manage assets in the contract flow
- In the Salesforce org, select Apttus Contract Management.
- On the Agreements tab, click New.
- Enter required details, such as Agreement Name, Agreement Start Date, and Agreement End Date.
- Associate an Account and a Price List to your agreement record.
- Click Configure Products to navigate to the Catalog and configure the required products with options and attributes.
- After the configuration is finalized, click Finalize to navigate back to the agreement. CPQ creates the agreement line items, which are visible under the Agreement Line Items related list.
- Now that your line items finalized, click Generate to generate an agreement document.
- After the negotiations with your customer is complete, click Activate to put the agreement in effect.
Refresh the org to see that the Order and Order Line Items related lists now contain records.
- Go to your order record and enter the Ready for Activation Date and click Save.
After you activate the order, assets are generated. On the account, the Status of all your Order Line Items and Asset Line Items is Activated.