While creating a CPQ formula field, you can create an expression using the Apttus Numeric Expressions Framework, so that you can use the formula field for configuring prices and adjustments. You can use the CPQ formula field with numeric expressions while creating a price rule, price matrix, related pricing, and default pricing (as a list price).
To use numeric expressions while creating CPQ formula fields, you must add the Picklist value Expression, to the Picklist field Use Type. Go to Setup > Create > Objects > Formula Field (CPQ) > Use Type field.
- On App Menu, click Apttus CPQ Admin and then click the CPQ Admin tab. The new admin console is launched.
- On the Pricing menu, click Manage CPQ Formula Fields.
- Click New Formula Field. The DETAILS tab is displayed.
- Enter the following details and click Save.
- Name: Enter a name for the formula field.
- Business Object: Select a business object on which you want to create the formula field.
- Description: Enter a description for the formula field.
- Usage: Select the type of usage for the formula. Supported values are:
- Reference (default): If you select this option, the Formula field is displayed.
Expression: If you select this option, the Expression field is displayed.
- Formula: Enter a formula as a text.
- Expression: Click the expression lookup. The Edit Expression dialog box is displayed. Configure a formula using numeric expressions and click Ok. For more information, see Configuring Numeric Expressions.