Release notes for Conga Sign version 1.39.0.
ALL ITEMS LISTED ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE ON OR AFTER THE RELEASE DATE
New Features and Enhancements
- Users can now designate multiple In Person Signers in an In Person Signing transaction, allowing for multiple recipients to sign in person on the same transaction. Previously, users could only designate one recipient as an In Person Signer in an In Person Signing transaction.
- The new SMS (Short Message Service) Authentication feature provides an additional layer of security and verification during Conga Sign Transactions. SMS Authentication requires signers to confirm their identity in a Conga Sign Transaction by receiving and entering a one-time code delivered in an SMS message.
- For more information, see SMS Authentication.
- Conga Sign allows recipients to now complete Conga Sign transactions in Dutch, Spanish, Portuguese (Brazil and Portugal), Greek and Italian, in addition to the initial supported languages. Recipients can select their preferred language in the signing user interface.
- For more information, see Selecting a Language as a Recipient.
- The Conga Sign application is translated based on the Salesforce user's selected Language in Salesforce Settings. The user interface supports English, French, German, Dutch, Spanish (Spain), Portuguese (Brazil and Portugal), Greek, and Italian.
- For more information, see Supported Languages in Conga Sign.
- The Conga Sign user interface for signers is updated to simplify the e-signature process.
- The button in the initial Conga Sign transaction email sent to a recipient is updated from Begin Signing to View Document to accurately represent that the user is first viewing the document instead of immediately signing.
- The Agreement action in the signing user interface is updated to display as a footer rather than a pop-up modal.
- The Select Signature Style option is now displayed when clicking the first Signature or Initial tag instead of displaying on the Agreement pop-up modal.
- An update is deployed for Conga Sign transactions that expired immediately instead of 60 minutes. All transactions now expire at the designated expiration date and time. The issue was caused by the presence of email security features.
- Audit Trail events no longer appear out of order. All event are successfully displayed in chronological order on the Audit Trial. Previously, certain events on the Audit Trail were not appearing in descending date order.