The Store object is created during the deployment process. The Store object is the only supplementary object to the CPQ code. You must create a store record. After installing the managed package, there is no way for you can access the Storefront object. You must add a Storefront tab to access the Storefront object.
Apart from the underlying catalog, the Digital Commerce package comes with a store object and tab to map a storefront to a catalog. If you are using an MDO org, there may already be a 'store' object installed. This object is deprecated in favor of the 'Storefront' object that comes with the Digital Commerce package.
After setting up your catalog, the next step is to create a 'Storefront' record. The storefront object is very basic and contains only a couple of fields to map a storefront to a price list and logo for the guest user. The price list should look up to the price list you want the guest user to access and the logo should be an id or a URL of the logo attachment for the store. The storefront record also has a 'banner' related list that can be used to set up banners for the jumbotron component in the reference template. Remember the name of the storefront you created. This will be used in a later step to associate with a storefront codebase.
To add a storefront tab
- Go to Setup > Create > Tabs and click New.
- From Object, select Storefront.
- From Tab Style, select a style and click Next.
- Click Next and click Save.
The Storefronts tab is created. You can now create a Storefront record.
To add a storefront record
- Click All tabs and click Storefronts.
- Click New.
- For Storefront Name, type a mandatory name for your storefront.
For Default Price List, select a price list. This is the default price list used for guest users in the storefront.
There are three price list parameters that can be set in the application:
- Using API headers.
- Logged in User must be associated with Contact and Account object that has a price list.
- Storefront account and price list.
- For Default Account for Guest Users, type an account name as the default account for orders placed by guest users from E-Commerce.
For Logo, use Notes and Attachments to attach an image file. Copy and paste the image ID in the Logo field to reference the image. You can also type a URL to reference an externally hosted logo image.
If you do not see the fields above, add them by editing the layout.
- From Currency, select a mandatory currency for your storefront.
To enable Asset Based Ordering capabilities for your storefront, select Enable ABO.
- If you enabled Asset Based Ordering, use the Asset Actions field to enable them for your storefront.
- To enable Promotion capabilities for your storefront, select Enable Promotions.
- To enable request quote capabilities for the storefront, select Enable Request Quote.
- To enable tax integration, select Enable Tax Calculations.
- To set the purpose of the storefront, select the relevant Channel Type.
- Click Save.