You can configure data sync using an administrator user interface (Admin UI) to perform synchronizations of master and transactional data at regular, scheduled intervals. The connector exists entirely in your Microsoft Dynamics instance and requires configuration of a plug-in as well as processes for scheduling.
Who Uses Conga Data Sync?
The Conga-Dynamics 365 connector is intended for use by Conga Professional Services, customer administrators, and third-party administrators. The connector is also a prerequisite for Conga Quote-to-Cash for Dynamics 365.
The following prerequisites must be met before configuring data sync:
- You must have credentials to the Dynamics environment where you will use the application to perform data sync. You must have the correct permissions to use the application.
- Objects and fields to be synced must exist in both environments before running the data sync tool.
- The initial load is already complete between the two applications before running the data sync tool.
- Any user account used to sync data must have the appropriate read, write, and delete permissions (in both Dynamics and Conga).
Field mapping must already exist for default fields like ExternalID and ModifiedOn for the objects to be synced.
- Audits must be enabled in Dynamics for deleted records to be synced from Dynamics to Conga.
Refer to the following diagram to help you understand the Conga-Dynamics 365 Connector flow (click image to enlarge).
Supported Field Types for Data Sync
Refer to the following table for a list of support field types for syncing between Conga and Dynamics.
Field Mapping Type
Multiple Lines of Text
Single Line of Text
Date and Time
Date and Time