Approvals custom configuration settings provide the global default values for using Approvals with different objects.
The backup admin user, summary page, and email templates are designated here so that they do not need to be selected each time you create an approval process. You can choose to override them for specific processes, but this ensures approval requests will work correctly regardless.
To configure global settings
You must have created the required custom pages and templates.
- Go to Build > Develop > Custom Settings and click Approvals Custom Config.
- From the Custom Setting Definition Detail section, click Manage to display the current objects associated with Intelligent Approvals.
- If it does not already exist, click New and enter API name of the Object in the Name field, which is the API name for the object to be used with approvals.
- In the Approval Status Field, enter Approval_Status__c or whatever the API name is for the picklist created for the custom object.
- The custom summary page and templates you created should be entered in the Approval Summary Page and various Email Template fields. If you do not enter values, the default system values will be used.
- Specify the Approval Context Type as Single or Multiple. If you want an approval process to be triggered for Header and the Line items, enter Multiple. If you want to trigger an approval process for the header items only enter type as Single.
- Specify the Child Object Types if child object types are associated in the approval process.
- Click Save.
The page and templates will be used by default for the next approval process created for the context object.
When creating an approval process you can override these templates if necessary.