Perform the following task to create a partial order from a Price Agreement (quote or agreement).
To create a partial order
- Click the Price Agreement Tab. The Price Agreements page is displayed.
- Search for and click the Proposal/Agreement ID. The Price Agreement Detail page is displayed. The Price Agreement Line Items tab is displayed under the price agreement summary. Each Price List item displays, start date, end date, the negotiated quantity, remaining quantity to order, and the quantity to order.
- Use the Search Products type ahead to filter the list of line items.
- Enter the Qty to Order for a line item. After you enter any quantity, the Create Partial Order button is enabled.
- Click Create Partial Order. The Create Sales Order page is displayed.
- Enter values in the fields displayed on the page to create the partial order.
- Click Create Order. The Price Agreement Detail page is displayed. The Order List is displayed with the newly-created partial order and any other partial orders made against this price agreement.
- Click the Home icon ( ) to return to the Price Agreements page. If required, repeat this task to create another partial order.
Refer to the Order Management on Salesforce Administrator Guide for steps to configure which fields are displayed in the partial order form, price agreement list, and order list.
Rolling Up Order Line Item Information to Quote and Agreement Line Items
Prerequisite: Order Line Item must be linked to Quote Line Item or Agreement Line Item.
Information is rolled up from the order line items to the quote or agreement line items when a partial order is created from the quote or agreement. For example: Whenever there is a change in the ordered line item for a given agreement line item, the Ordered Quantity is updated. If there is 1 ordered line item for a given agreement line item, the Ordered Quantity is 1. As per this feature:
- Quantity from the order line item is rolled up to the ordered Quantity on the proposal line item.
- Fulfilled quantity is rolled up from the order line item to the fulfilled quantity on the agreement line item when the fulfilled quantity is updated on the order line item
- Fulfillment status is updated on the agreement line item when the fulfilled quantity is updated on the order line item as stated below:
- Fulfilled Quantity = 0: Not Fulfilled
- Fulfilled Quantity < Quantity and > 0 : Partially Fulfilled
- Fulfilled Quantity > = Quantity: Fulfilled
- Order line items in all status except (Cancelled, Superseded, Being Amended, Being Cancelled) are rolled up.