This section details how to create Definition Initiators. To create a Definition Initiator:
- Navigate to the Definition Initiators tab.
- Select the New button.
- Enter the Definition Initiator Name.
- Select the Active checkbox to make this initiator active.
- Select Search to chose the type of Definition to Initiate.
- Select the Object you desire to monitor from the Monitored Object list.
Configure a custom trigger to add a Custom Object to the Initiator's Monitored Object list.
- Select the Monitored Operation(s) that cause(s) the Definition to initiate. Hold the Ctrl key on your keyboard to select multiple Monitored Operations, if applicable.
- Update - When the Monitored Object's record is updated to meet the criteria, the process will initiate.
- Insert - When the Monitored Object's record is created and meets criteria, the process will initiate.
- Record Matches Criteria - Button Click - After you have configured and saved the Definition Initiator with a Monitored Operation of Record Matches Criteria - Button Click, you will see a button labeled Initiate Process on Matching Records. Once clicked, a process will initiate for each record that matches criteria based on the parameters and fields defined in the Definition Initiator. See Record Match Initiators - Button Click to see it in action.
- Record Matches Criteria - Daily Check - After you have configured and saved the Definition Initiator with a Monitored Operation of Record Matches Criteria - Daily Check, a batch job will check daily to find records that match the criteria defined in the Definition Initiator. See Record Match Initiators - Daily Check to see it in action. Navigate to the Conga Orchestrate Setup Tab to auto-schedule the batch job.
- Select the + Add Criteria to link to provide rules about when the Initiator should run.
- The Object Name defaults to the Monitored Object.
- Select the Field Name that you desire to qualify. This field changes depending on the chosen Object Name.
- Select the type of Operator to compare the value against.
- Select the Field Value to compare the value against.
- The Data Type automatically displays the data type of the chosen Field Name.
- Select a Joining Operator. Only applicable if there are multiple criteria for the definition.Note: The Joining Operator field indicates how this value is combined with the other values. Conga Orchestrate combines the OR operators first and then the AND operators for a final AND operation. Logically, this would look like: Criteria1 AND Criteria2 AND Criteria3 AND (Criteria4 OR Criteria5 OR Criteria6) if there were 6 criteria and 1 through 3 had a joining operator of AND and 4 through 6 had a joining operator of OR.
- Select + Add Row to include additional criteria.
- Select an Assignee Type in the Assign Process Object By drop downfield.
- Select the Process Object Owner based on your selection in the Assign Process Object By field.
- Enter a positive number in the Due Date Adjustment field to add a certain number of days to the date the process initiates. This will dynamically calculate the date in which the process is due.
- Enter a Description detailing what this Definition Initiator does.
- Select the Owner of this Definition Initiator.
- Populate any necessary information in the Capture Process Information section.
- Select the Save button.
See this video for more in-depth information on creating Definition Initiators.