Download page Installing the Reference Template.
Installing the Reference Template
After cloning a template, the first task is to run the npm install command. For this, you must have access to the npm registry for the SDK. To gain access to the artifacts you must raise a ticket with the DevOps team.
After you can have access to the SDK, you must run the npm install command. The npm install command installs third party libraries. One of the dependencies under the package.json folder is the apttus/ecommerce library that bundles all the components library and the data access layers. The npm install process sets up the SDK with your Salesforce instance.
Pre-requisite: You must ensure that the following tasks are completed before you run the npm install command:
- Install the required packages on your Salesforce org
- Set up a community, if not already done
- Create a custom field on Accounts for the Price List
- Create a Store object and a store record within it
- Ensure you have node.js and angular-CLI installed on your local machine in order to use the templates
To install the SDK and dependent libraries
- Open the code of the template.
Type npm install and press Enter on your keyboard.
The SDK and dependent libraries are ready for use.
In case you face issues installing the SDK, you may need to authenticate using your Github token.