Follow these instructions if you have newly installed Conga Batch Release 8 (not upgraded from Conga Batch Release 7).
Before You Begin:
You must have Conga Batch Release 8 installed and a Conga Batch formula field and solution (a Conga Batch record or Salesforce list view button) built, but not yet deployed.
To test a solution for a newly installed Conga Batch Release 8:
- Gather sample Master Object records for the test batch. If you are using the Conga Batch record to launch a Conga Batch solution, you can either:
- Write a Salesforce report or SOQL query that includes a handful of records and reference it using the Report ID or Query ID field on the Conga Batch record.
- Reference one Master Object record at a time using the Record ID field on the Conga Batch record.
- Launch the test batch from the Conga Batch record.
- Analyze the results.
This is perhaps the most important step in the testing process, as you will determine if everything is working correctly and you can deploy the solution or if there are inconsistencies or issues and you need to configure further or troubleshoot.
You should confirm that the following aspects of the solution are working properly:
- Reports and queries are retrieving data to be used in the template.
- Data is merging to the template, creating the merged output file.
- Activity logging, field updates, saving a copy of the merged output file, and any other parameters are acting as desired.
- Fields on the email or eSignature request are referencing the proper information and the email or eSignature request is sending.
If any of the above components are failing or inaccurate, troubleshoot the solution and then re-test. Visit the Conga Batch Dashboard to view errors. If you need assistance, please see Conga Batch Troubleshooting Tips. If everything works correctly, deploy the solution.