You can open any type of template from the repository and make changes to static text and other content in the document. When you are finished, you can check in the template and modify properties as needed (for example, changing which agreement types it is associated with).
To open a template
- Open Microsoft Word and launch the add-in.
Log in to X-Author for Contracts.
- In the Contracts pane, click the Home button ( ) and select Templates.
- In the Open Templates tab, use the Search Templates box to search for a template by keyword. Click the Filter icon ( ) to view the drop-down menus that can help you to refine your search according to Template Type, Category, Subcategory, Locale, and Language. A list of Templates is displayed with the last modified <Month Date, Year>.
- From the list of documents, click on the preferred template name link. It opens the latest activated version of a particular template in the same instance.
- To view and open an old template version, click the Expand button ( ) to view the guidance for the template.
- Click View Versions to navigate to the template details page where you can find the details such as Type, Object, Is Active, and Active Version.
- Click on the template name link. The selected template opens in a new Microsoft instance. You can modify the template as per your requirement and check in your template.
If the template name has special characters, then each special character is replaced with a space during the check out of the template. However, the special characters in the template name are saved as is in Conga CLM.
- When you open a template that has Template Versioning enabled, the template name is updated each time you open a template version.
The name format is: TemplateName <Version#> <number of times the same template version is opened>. For example, If you opened the second version of a template for fourth time, then the template name is displayed as TemplateName V2 4.
- When you open a template that has Template Versioning disabled, the template name does not contain the version details.