As a Sales Representative, you can increase the quantity of an asset and bill your customer for the incremented asset as a separate asset. Separate billing schedules are created for the incremented asset.
Use Case: Creating Billing Schedules for an Incremented Asset
Description: This use case describes how billing schedules are created when you increase the quantity of an asset.
Suppose you are a customer service representative for a software company and you change the license quantity for an asset from 1 to 4. Before you change the asset quality, you see the following billing schedules:
To create billing schedules for the incremented assets
- From an ABO Quote, click Configure Products.
- On the cart page, click Installed Products.
- Select your asset and click Change > Quantity.
- In the Change quantity by field, increase the quantity by 3 by clicking the + icon. The New Quantity field displays the updated quantity immediately.
- Select the appropriate Cotermination option. For details on Cotermination option, refer to Increment Asset with Coterminate Lines topic in CPQ for Salesforce User Guide.
- Enter the Start Date and End Date.
- Click Go to Pricing. An asset line item with status Incremented and quantity as 3 is created.
- Finalize the Cart.
- Accept the Quote/Proposal and activate the order.
- A new asset is created with Quantity as 3 and status as Incremented.
3 Billing Schedules are created as follows:
BS5 1/1/2019 3/31/2019 Pending Billing $270.00 BS6 4/1/2019 6/30/2019 Pending Billing $270.00 BS7 7/1/2019 9/30/2019 Pending Billing $270.00
For more details on incrementing an asset, refer to Increment Asset with Coterminate Lines in CPQ for Salesforce User Guide.